Let’s face it, most real estate agents are checking out right about now, because no one wants to buy a house during the holidays, right? WRONG! My team and I are working hard selling our listings and helping our clients buy before the new year! Here are some reasons why NOW is a great time to be looking and buying!
- Less competitive – Not that many people buy homes in the winter, and that’s for a variety of reasons. You won’t have people outbidding you, and you’ll have ample inventory from which to choose. It’s a win-win!
- Lower interest rates… for now – Word on the street is that interest rates are going up after the 1st of the year. Buy now and save a lifetime worth of interest!
- Eager sellers – Generally people who sell during this time of year are ready to get it over with. Their homes have either been on the market a while (because most people don’t buy this season), or they’re eager to get their family up and moved to a new place before the holidays or before a new job starts on Jan. 1. Either way, it means sellers are more willing to negotiate on price as a result!
- Tax benefits – If you buy by the end of the year, it will also you to take additional itemized deductions, as well as write off your mortgage interest, from that year’s tax returns. Depending on how much your home was, that could mean thousands and thousands of dollars and savings.
- Start the New Year off right – Wouldn’t it just be nice to have your move over and done with by Jan. 1? To start your New Year and new phase of life off in a brand new home? Many buyers think so!
- Take advantage of breaks – Moving can be a hassle, taking days and days to pack up, load and unload cars, and finally, put everything in its new place. During the holidays, you and your family members likely have some time off work and school, giving you plenty of availability for these pesky moving tasks. If you move at other times of year, you’d have to take time off work, adding even more costs to your bottom line.
- Easier to spot problems – Winter is a great time to make sure the house you’re buying is up to snuff. The roof, gutters, heating and plumbing are all put to the test as the winter weather gets harsher. If something looks awry, your home inspector will spot it and you can make sure the sellers fix it (or take it off the cost of the home) before you close.
So, if you are cruising through open houses or just surfing the internet looking at listings… tap in one of my professional buyers agents and one of the 50+ families they have helped buy a home in 2018! www.rosierourke.com/buywithus
You guys… this is a game changer! School boundaries can be tricky, we are excited to announce a new way to search for your dream home in your dream school district! You can now search for homes for sale that will send your kids (or future kids) to the school you want. For example, if you are looking for homes for sale in the Tahoma School District, you can add that to your search criteria… see the image above!
How do you get started? It’s super easy, head over to my John L. Scott search page and type in a school… that’s it! CLICK HERE: https://rosier.johnlscott.com/search Or contact me directly and I can set up a search for you! Happy house hunting friends!
Hi everyone, Rosie here! I came across some articles recently written by GeekWire about our growing city! Being a local Renton resident for 20+ years, I’ve always known how great this area is! Lake Washington, Gene Coulon Park, the new Landing/Southport, a revitalizing downtown area, the Highlands, Kennydale Hill, the Seahawks… Renton is awesome and the rest of the US is starting to notice! Here is a link to the articles on GeekWire:
With prices climbing in Seattle and the Eastside, a lot of young professionals and their families are moving south, and Renton has some great neighborhoods with affordable homes! And we are situated in a great commuter location with easy access to freeways and the tech hubs in Seattle and the Eastside. Microsoft, Facebook, Google, Expedia and many others are bringing in talent from all over the US and Renton seems to be a great place for people to land. If anyone reading this blog is from out of state and is thinking of moving here give a us a call… we can help! We are the top team in the area and we know the schools, neighborhoods, and locations you want to be in. Just contact me, Rosie Rourke, directly and mention that you say this blog, I look forward to helping you!!!
Looking for a large home for sale in Covington close to Maple Valley? Check out this large 5 bedroom home for sale in Covington. It has 3 different living spaces, perfect for a blended family or multiple family living situation! Large kitchen, tons of updates, extra storage, a manageable yard, and it’s also a smart home!
Check out the full listing here: http://rosierourke.idxbroker.com/idx/details/listing/a045/1323243/20010-SE-260th-Place
I am listing one of the best homes for sale in Fairwood Greens right now! Over 3400+ square feet for an incredible price… this is your chance! And it backs to Allen Park! Check out the complete listing and bring your offer for this Renton home sale in Fairwood Greens near the Fairwood Golf Course!
Looking for homes for sale near Burien, WA or the Puget Sound in South Seattle? I’ve got an amazing home for sale near Seahurst Beach Park in Burien! It’s walking distance… that’s like having a waterfront home for a fraction of the price!
The seller is motivated and ready for this large home for sale in South Seattle Burien area to find a new owner! Check out the full listing here: http://rosierourke.idxbroker.com/idx/details/listing/a045/1359122/14203-13th-Ave-SW
Welcome to the #rosierourketeam Gayle Henninger! Gayle will be our new Showing Assistant, she will be tasked with helping our rockin team of buyers agents better serve our clients!
Here is a little bit about our newest team member!
“I was born and raised in the Pacific NW and grew up in Fairwood Greens. I am a graduate of Kentridge High School. I have 2 grown children and have strong family values. I have remained close to the Fairwood Community as many of my family and friends there. I am involved in Community events and enjoy volunteering my time to help others in need. I have always enjoyed interior design and viewing homes, and have been told by several people that I have a great eye for decorating. This is what led me to my career in real estate, getting my Brokers’ license in 2006.
I enjoy helping others, and absolutely love helping others reach their dream of home ownership. I love working within a Team Environment which led me to joining the Rosie Rourke Team!”