Everyone please save the date and JOIN US at Petrovitsky Park on Saturday,
August 27th for an amazing celebration of our beloved Fairwood Neighborhood!
King County Parks is hosting a wonderful day crammed full of activities, including a FUN RUN, Crafts for Kids, Dunk Tank, FOOD TRUCK, Concert in the Park, an outdoor MOVIE in the PARK, and so much more!!
I will be personally involved in the event as well! The Rosie Rourke Team is proudly offering FREE popcorn at the movie night! YAY!!!!
All of the details of the day can be found at the King County Parks website. They have done a great job of pulling together local businesses and individuals to highlight our community ~ I am so honored to be able to help celebrate the neighborhood I love.
I can’t wait to see all of you at the party!
What is the difference between an inspection and an appraisal? What do they do for me? These are questions I am asked all the time, so here is a brief run down of each.
- Optional, but highly recommended for the buyer.
- Inspector works for the buyer to find any issue that may make the home purchase unwise or less desirable.
- The Rosie Rourke Team will always be there at your inspection, representing you and your interests in the home purchase.
- An appraiser is sent by the bank doing your loan on the home purchase. They represent the bank’s interest and their function is to determine the value of the home.
- Appraisers do not inspect a home for hidden structural issues.
- Appraisals are not required if you purchase a home with cash.
- A bidding war drives the home price up? An appraiser may determine that the agreed price is above the value of the home, in which case the bank may not loan the full amount.
- The Rosie Rourke Team will always be there at your home appraisal, offering strategies to help you navigate through the process.
Let me know what YOUR questions are ~ I am happy to help!
Only 3 cities across the country had a hotter job market than Seattle last year!
The Puget Sound Business Journal reported that Seattle added over 78,000 jobs in 2015.
Dallas was #1, followed by San Jose and Los Angeles. Finding and keeping talent is a hot topic across the Puget Sound region. More than 25,000 technology jobs in the state have remained open for at least six months, according to the Washington Technology Industry.
What that says to me is that we are perfectly placed in our area to see an increase in buyers looking for that perfect home in a central location. My team is ready to help you find that home! If all of this activity has you wondering what your home might be worth in today’s market, I will be happy to meet with you.
Is it time to start dreaming about your next home??
Zillow has posted it’s new hottest housing markets list for 2016, and guess what? Seattle is #2 nationwide, right behind Denver. To make the list, Zillow uses home value appreciation, unemployment rates and income growth.
Based on their research, Seattle home prices will rise 5.4% this year (second only to Dallas-Fort Worth at 5.6%). Seattle’s income is projected to rise 1.1%.
Trendy tech centers hogged the spotlight for 2015. But this year, the markets that shine brightest will be those that manage to strike a good balance between strong income growth, low unemployment and solid home value appreciation.
Remember as well that I can always provide a more accurate value of your home than Zillow can. I am happy to let you know how to increase the value of your home as well.
Happily serving the community and answering your Real Estate needs!
Forbes magazine ranks Seattle #9 for “best places for business and careers.”
“To gauge the best places for business in the U.S., we (Forbes) rate the 200 largest metro areas on a dozen factors related to jobs, costs (business and living), income growth, quality of life and education of the labor force.”
I feel the shift happening to a stronger economy. Look around at all of the new construction — commercial and residential. All tell-tale signs that we are BACK!