Posts Categorized: Featured
Out growing your current home? This blog is for you!
Your house is busting at the seams, the kids have their stuff everywhere, and all your energy is just surviving day to day, right? WE FEEL YOU! We’ve all been there, trust us! And remember when you bought your first house, it seemed HUGE! Now you would do anything to get into a home that fits you and the kids, but the thought of having to purge and keep the house clean with kids is daunting. And you need the equity in your current home to buy your next home too… what if you end up being displaced for a few months or worse… in your in-laws’ basement?
Sounds like a lot of doom and gloom, doesn’t it? Let us be your hero and your advocate during the process… we have real world solutions! We work with the top lenders in the industry, there are ways to structure you home loan so you don’t have to sell and buy at the same time. We also have access to a pool of qualified buyers actively looking, so there is an opportunity to sell your home before it lists to the public. And so on and so on! We guarantee that the process can be fun, liberating, and the best decision you will make for you and your family!
Let our team leader Rosie Rourke buy you a Starbucks (our treat) and let’s talk about your solution! She has been where you are and wants to help you change your life!
Let’s face it, most real estate agents are checking out right about now, because no one wants to buy a house during the holidays, right? WRONG! My team and I are working hard selling our listings and helping our clients buy before the new year! Here are some reasons why NOW is a great time to be looking and buying!
- Less competitive – Not that many people buy homes in the winter, and that’s for a variety of reasons. You won’t have people outbidding you, and you’ll have ample inventory from which to choose. It’s a win-win!
- Lower interest rates… for now – Word on the street is that interest rates are going up after the 1st of the year. Buy now and save a lifetime worth of interest!
- Eager sellers – Generally people who sell during this time of year are ready to get it over with. Their homes have either been on the market a while (because most people don’t buy this season), or they’re eager to get their family up and moved to a new place before the holidays or before a new job starts on Jan. 1. Either way, it means sellers are more willing to negotiate on price as a result!
- Tax benefits – If you buy by the end of the year, it will also you to take additional itemized deductions, as well as write off your mortgage interest, from that year’s tax returns. Depending on how much your home was, that could mean thousands and thousands of dollars and savings.
- Start the New Year off right – Wouldn’t it just be nice to have your move over and done with by Jan. 1? To start your New Year and new phase of life off in a brand new home? Many buyers think so!
- Take advantage of breaks – Moving can be a hassle, taking days and days to pack up, load and unload cars, and finally, put everything in its new place. During the holidays, you and your family members likely have some time off work and school, giving you plenty of availability for these pesky moving tasks. If you move at other times of year, you’d have to take time off work, adding even more costs to your bottom line.
- Easier to spot problems – Winter is a great time to make sure the house you’re buying is up to snuff. The roof, gutters, heating and plumbing are all put to the test as the winter weather gets harsher. If something looks awry, your home inspector will spot it and you can make sure the sellers fix it (or take it off the cost of the home) before you close.
So, if you are cruising through open houses or just surfing the internet looking at listings… tap in one of my professional buyers agents and one of the 50+ families they have helped buy a home in 2018! www.rosierourke.com/buywithus
You guys… this is a game changer! School boundaries can be tricky, we are excited to announce a new way to search for your dream home in your dream school district! You can now search for homes for sale that will send your kids (or future kids) to the school you want. For example, if you are looking for homes for sale in the Tahoma School District, you can add that to your search criteria… see the image above!
How do you get started? It’s super easy, head over to my John L. Scott search page and type in a school… that’s it! CLICK HERE: https://rosier.johnlscott.com/search Or contact me directly and I can set up a search for you! Happy house hunting friends!
Hi everyone, Rosie here! I came across some articles recently written by GeekWire about our growing city! Being a local Renton resident for 20+ years, I’ve always known how great this area is! Lake Washington, Gene Coulon Park, the new Landing/Southport, a revitalizing downtown area, the Highlands, Kennydale Hill, the Seahawks… Renton is awesome and the rest of the US is starting to notice! Here is a link to the articles on GeekWire:
With prices climbing in Seattle and the Eastside, a lot of young professionals and their families are moving south, and Renton has some great neighborhoods with affordable homes! And we are situated in a great commuter location with easy access to freeways and the tech hubs in Seattle and the Eastside. Microsoft, Facebook, Google, Expedia and many others are bringing in talent from all over the US and Renton seems to be a great place for people to land. If anyone reading this blog is from out of state and is thinking of moving here give a us a call… we can help! We are the top team in the area and we know the schools, neighborhoods, and locations you want to be in. Just contact me, Rosie Rourke, directly and mention that you say this blog, I look forward to helping you!!!
Finally… home inventory is up! I just read a report that more homes went for sale in September then they did last year at this time. In fact, this is the most home inventory for sale during the Fall in 3 years! This is GREAT news for buyers… so where are they?
I think the crazy market during the beginning of 2018 has scared a lot of them away. Their loss is YOUR GAIN! Homes are not selling as fast and there is room for negotiation now. And my preferred lenders have told me that there is a possible mortgage rate increase looming in 2019. If rates go up 1 point that could mean 10-15% less in buying power for you! You can’t afford to wait, check out my quick video about today’s buyers market, 3 reasons why you NEED to by now, and check out my team of expert buyers agents who are eager to help you buy a home before the holidays…. CLICK HERE!
Here is a quick word from Rosie about our new Market Insights Tool!
Learn more and sign up to receive custom alerts and detailed, easy to understand market insights delivered right to your inbox!
Here is a little bit about our newest team member!
“I was born and raised in the Pacific NW and grew up in Fairwood Greens. I am a graduate of Kentridge High School. I have 2 grown children and have strong family values. I have remained close to the Fairwood Community as many of my family and friends there. I am involved in Community events and enjoy volunteering my time to help others in need. I have always enjoyed interior design and viewing homes, and have been told by several people that I have a great eye for decorating. This is what led me to my career in real estate, getting my Brokers’ license in 2006.
I enjoy helping others, and absolutely love helping others reach their dream of home ownership. I love working within a Team Environment which led me to joining the Rosie Rourke Team!”
Fall is a great time for buyers and sellers… are you ready to get in the game? Don’t fall behind and miss your window of opportunity before the holidays! Here is a quick video explaining the Summer slow down and the how that affects home sales in the Fall!
Welcome to another edition of Rosie’s Real Estate Reveal! These are blogs where Rosie Rourke helps you understand real estate terms and what they mean to you, the buyer or seller! Today’s reveal is all about contingent offers! Believe it or not, a lot of newer agents don’t even understand what a contingent offer is. Honestly it’s been a while since listing agents have been accepting them. But now with the market slow down, massive amounts of homes for sale, and buyers that have cooled off, agents are entertaining the contingent offers again.
What is a contingent offer?
It simple terms, it’s when a home buyer makes an offer on a new home before selling their current home. The sale of the new home is contingent or dependent on the sale of the current home. The “official” definition is as such: It means an offer on a home has been made and the seller has accepted it, but the finalized sale is contingent upon certain criteria that have to be met. Usually the successful sale of the buyer’s current home.
What does this mean for you?
When a home is “Contingent” it doesn’t mean the house has SOLD and is off the market! Did you know that you can still tour and MAKE AN OFFER on a contingent home? Not a backup offer, but you can BUMP the contingent offer and the home is YOURS!
So if you are in the market, see a home you love, and the status says Contingent… you still have a chance! I actually have 2 homes listed right now that are contingent, both of these sellers are looking for new buyers to BUMP the current contingent offers!